Wednesday 11 May 2016

How Blogging Has Affected My Life | Another Ranting Reader's 1st Birthday

A year ago today my first blog post went live. A year! Can you believe that?! The time has seriously flown by - I know that probably sounds clichéd but it’s true. This year I’ve become part of the blogging community and have seen how blogging has affected my life, writing and mental health (and believe me, it’s been a mixed bag!).

Having my blog has definitely added to my workload. I knew that would happen and have definitely got no reason to complain. However, I have noticed that most people underestimate just how much work blogging can be. I mean there’s writing the post (which is definitely the easiest bit), adding pictures and links, trying to understand SEO, promoting a post and ensuring everything is up to date. And that’s just for one post.

When you’re trying to do multiple posts a week along with trying to do your best in your GCSEs, that workload gets a bit too much, which is why I was forced to cut my blogging time down a bit until my exams are over.

This increased workload can cause extra stress. I, as a blogger, am basically setting myself extra homework and providing myself with more pressure and more deadlines. But I love it. I do it because I freaking love blogging, and I genuinely think it’s had a great impact on my mental health (despite the added stress thing).

I’ve met so many positive and amazing people through the blogging community and my blog has helped me develop my relationship with friends I already had. It’s allowed me to clear my head and keep going. It’s been a constant thing in my life for the past year.

Then my writing? How has blogging affected my writing? Well, I actually wrote a post on that topic a few months ago - read it here (plug plug plug). Personally, I think my writing has improved since I started my blog - or at least I hope that’s the case. Having this blog has meant that I have had to keep writing and to keep my creative juices flowing. Blogging has also, somehow, caused me to find a real love for writing poetry and has made me open up my writing in terms of both skill and medium.

Thank you all for reading and following my blog for the past year; I know some of you have read every single post and I can’t express how thankful I am for that. 

If you’ve not read my first ever post or want a trip down memory lane go over and have a read: Why do you wear makeup?


And here’s my most recent post, to round things off nicely: Why We All Need to Dream





I hope you guys have had a great year and I look forward to hopefully sharing much more with you.

Happy 1st Birthday Another Ranting Reader!

Jemima x




If you liked this post you might like: The Ponderings of a Daydreamer


No comments

Post a Comment