Monday 30 April 2018

April 2018 | Monthly Wrap Up

I have actually had a pretty good April – I’ve enjoyed it, probably mostly because of the sun. I wish that would come back.

Favourite part?


I spent a lot of time out with my friends this month – they’re all amazing and supportive and I love them a lot.


I saw the Bare Naked Ladies in concert with my dad this month. We ate at the Wagamama’s near the venue beforehand and the band were in there too! We didn’t recognise them until someone near us pointed them out. I honestly don’t think I’ve ever laughed at a gig so much before – they would be incredible to see again.

Later that week, I went to a recording of the Guilty Feminist in Southampton. They were great and I loved seeing how the final thing is put together - I can’t wait to listen to the episode when it comes out (it’s the Ego episode!).


Nearer the end of the month I applied for my student accommodation, which is so exciting!!

Best read?


So I may have finished my reading challenge this month! With revision getting hyped up, I haven’t been able to read as much as previous months, and I have a pile of books in my room that I need to read which will probably have to wait until the summer.

So, I read The Beauty Myth by Naomi Wolf. It was interesting, but her main arguments were probably best at the beginning and in the conclusion, and I’m a little questioning of some of the statistics she used, which while damning, are now nearly 30 years out of date (the book was published in 1990).  I also noticed how she used quotes from Engels completely out of context to make him seem unfeminist, and that makes me a tad angry.


I also read What Would Marx Do? by Gareth Southwell, an analysis of everyday questions and dilemmas. It has been really useful for my Politics A Level – I would definitely recommend for anyone interested in political theory.

Favourite tunes?


ABBA ARE BACK PEOPLE!!!! AAAAHHH!! I am so ridiculously excited for this. I’m just praying their new stuff is going to match up to the music I love.

Favourite watch?


The finale of Jane the Virgin though!!!!! Oh. My. God. I’ve got my family into the show to help me get through til October. OCTOBER!

What did I learn?


I’m not even sure. Ooh! In regards to every kind of text, take it with a pinch of salt. I knew this already but having properly researched the Engels quote used by Naomi Wolf, it’s been established a bit more.

What’s happening next month?


Revision. I go on study leave at the end of the month so it’s going to be full on.


What’s been on my mind?


Money and university. Stress stress stress.

Favourite post?


As usual, there’s not that much choice, and I only have one choice: 5 Books to Help You Improve Your Feminist Understanding. Good job I like this one then! Books and feminism all in one post? Can’t get any better in my opinion.

Biggest inspiration?


I feel like this void at the moment. See the last few months.


Any other favourites?



My black platform heels! I wore them out for the first time and I love them.

If you liked this post you might like: March 2018 | Monthly Wrap Up



No comments

Post a Comment