Wednesday 10 July 2019

Me and My Clothes 2.0

About two and a half years ago, I did a post inspired by Nia at The Cardiff Cwtch, titled Me and My Clothes, where I discussed my wardrobes, my attitudes to it and my favourite pieces. I thought that seeing as my relationship to my clothes has changed quite a lot since then, it might be quite interesting to look back and see how my answers have changed.
What’s your go-to “I don’t have anything to wear!” outfit?
My favourite pair of trousers which I bought from Beyond Retro early last year and one of my turtleneck jumpers (either red or black) with one of my favourite necklaces and earrings. 

What’s the newest item hanging in your wardrobe?

A pair of black trousers from M&S (they're made out of TENCEL!! That makes me very excited okay) and two bikinis, one also from M&S and the other from Fatface (the second made out of recycled materials). After those, the two tops I bought for when I went to Disneyland Paris a couple of weeks ago. The red crop top I wore as Minnie Mouse and the white buttoned shirt I wore as Peggy Carter. I bought both on Depop and plan to wear them loads in the future. I love them both A LOT.

What do you do with the clothes you don’t wear anymore?

My answer to this is quite similar to my last one. I rarely properly wear clothes out, so I’ll tend to donate them , sell them on Depop or give them to a friend who wants them. I’ll always do my best to ensure they’re used again. 

What’s your “Netflix and Chill” outfit?

Again, taking this in the innocent meaning of the phrase (as I did last time) and I’m going to go with my pyjamas. But honestly, I’ll chill in whatever, just because I’m lazy and often can’t be bothered to get changed. 

What’s your favourite item of clothing?

I think probably the vintage trousers I mentioned earlier. I wear them constantly! It’d either be them or my dungarees. I just freaking love dungarees. Can you tell my style icon is Donna Sheridan?



What do you wear to bed?

Old t-shirts, leggings, pyjamas (they’re all really old, I haven’t bought new ones in absolutely ages), sometimes less depending on the temperature. 

Where are your favourite places to buy clothes?

My love, Depop, of course, I love having a look through charity shops, and clothes swaps or being given clothes by friends or family (I have inherited 2 of my brother’s Marvel t-shirts after he's grown out of them. Here’s to teenage growth spurts!). If I’m buying anything first-hand I always try to find it from an ethical source, but that happens rarely as at the moment buying second-hand is much more suitable for my budget. I love looking at mew sustainable brands though, it’s so exciting. 



How often do you buy clothes?

Very rarely nowadays. Now, I’ll only buy clothes if I absolutely need them or am desperately in love with a specific item. I try to ensure that everything in my wardrobe is loved and well used, so will often donate or pass something on if I buy a new item.

What specific items of clothing do you hate shopping for?

I don’t mind it so much now, but I’m still going to stick to the answer I gave last time: bras. Admittedly, I do enjoy bra-shopping much more now, even though I don’t do it much, but boy it can get frustrating when you just can’t find something that fits properly. Currently, I don’t any bras I would consider to be ethical, so next time I’m going to have a proper dive into the world of ethical and sustainable underwear!



Are there any clothes or styles that you avoid?

Nothing majorly, other than maxi dresses, as I said last time. They just don’t work for me. 

Comfort or Style?

I like to think that both can easily go together. Why not?

Is there anything you’ve bought that friends and family turned their noses up at?

Oh probably. It tends to be more some outfit combinations I try out. I know I can always count on my mum for an honest opinion on a new outfit choice!



If you liked this post you might like: Me and My Clothes

No comments

Post a Comment