Monday 14 November 2016

The Writing Tag

Credit

What do you write?


Anything and everything I can. I have so many poems, some are published on my blog but the vast majority aren’t. I’m currently writing a novel, The Bookshop, about a girl who grows up in a bookshop (didn’t guess that did you?) and how she affects those around her.

What do you mostly write about?


That’s very dependent on which me you’re on about. When I was younger it was more fairytales and fantasy, but now it’s a proper mixture. I think it’s more real life, perhaps. Now I think it’s more autobiographical now. I can actually write about my own experiences and feelings. 

What’s your favourite thing about writing?


The fact that I can be anybody, anytime in anyplace. I can express myself properly through writing about the inner workings of my soul and heart. I can write better than I can speak, which isn’t very useful in all honesty. Sometimes I wish it was the other way around.

What/Who inspired you to start/keep writing?


My parents always read to me when I was younger and I just fell in love with words and stories. I have to keep writing now because it’s part of who I am; I have to do so to keep living.

Who’s your favourite character you’ve made up?


I don’t know, probably the Bookshop Owner from The Bookshop. I can’t really explain why, but I like them a lot.

When did you start writing?


I’ve been writing as long as I can remember - as long as I’ve been able to read and to put pen to paper. I know how cliché that sounds but it’s true.

The first story you wrote?


I can’t remember exactly. The earliest full story I think I can remember writing is either one about a stone I found on the beach or one entitled Fairy Friends (either that or Fairytale Friends I’m not sure). The first was literally a life story of a rock while the other was a bit more dramatic and ridiculous! I seem to remember one about a mermaid who all the mermen fell in love with who met a merman that all the mermaids fell in love with. Yeah, my little creative head loved that.

Favourite story you’ve written?


Oh god, I don’t know. Does this include the ones from poetry? One of my favourite poems of mine is one called The Girl That Time Forgot and I really love it. It’s quite sad but the character and her story really touches me.

Do you have a writing schedule? Like, do you write every day or just when you feel like it?


I write whenever I can. Sometimes I set myself a word count to do in a day or a week etc, but it’ll mostly be odd moments here and there. It’s mostly at night that I write in all honesty - well, poetry. Blog posts I write in the daytime, whenever I can find the time or have an idea for one.

Do you want to be published?


Don’t we all?! I want to get published as soon as possible but I’m not sure how that’s going to go. A girl can dream. 

-----------------------------

I'm only going to tag Anna from A Fabulous Feminist to do this tag, but anyone else reading this feel free to do it yourself! I didn't create this tag but I can't remember the blog that I first found it on, so sorry about that!

Jemima x




If you liked this post you might like: The Tea Tag

No comments

Post a Comment