Wednesday 6 April 2016

My Flaws


I don’t like the way my body dips in between by hips and my leg joint. I think it makes the curve of my body look disjointed and uneven.

I don’t like the shape of my big toes. I think they look really manly and unfeminine.

I don’t like the way my cheeks crinkle under my eyes when I smile. It looks weird and makes my cheeks look puffy.




I don’t like my knobbly knees. They just look a bit odd in the summer or whenever I’m not covering them up.

I don’t like my thighs. They rub together and jiggle when I walk.

But I love that dip between my hips and leg joint. It’s there because of my hips, which make me feel sexy if I’m alone and wiggle them about and swish them to and fro. 

I love the shape of my big toes. They’re my dad’s big toes and remind me of him and of all the other family members who have these toes. They’re a sign of all the people I’m descended from and who have evolved and reproduced to pass on these toes to me, which is pretty incredible.

I like the crinkle that forms under my eyes when I smile. It’s there because I’m smiling, and if I’m smiling I’m probably happy. I will never, never, resent being happy.



I like my knobbly knees: if I straighten my leg they can make the shape of a smiley face. How can someone not find that amusing?

I like my wobbly thighs. They’re fun to jiggle about and stop my phone from falling in the toilet when I drop it.

I love my flaws. They show that I’m not perfect, as no one is. They remind me I’m human and that I can make mistakes. They are parts of me that make me. I love them because they are a part of me. I love them because they are me.

Photo credit


Follow


If you liked this post you might like: Being Me


No comments

Post a Comment