Friday 4 March 2016

5 things to do on an ill day

I’ve been ill for about the past week and in that time I haven’t exactly been fit to do my normal tasks - revision still makes my head swirl at the mere thought, not good when I need to be studying. So I thought I would share 5 things that I do (or at least try to do) when I’m ill.

1. Watch a film (or three… or seven)


Let’s be honest here, this is what most of us end up doing when we’re ill and can’t face doing much else. I find that they’re particularly best if there’s some sort of romantic plot line in there, or if some musical numbers are thrown in here and there (or preferably a mix of the two or have the-the prefix Disney’s).


2. Do the hobby you love that you find you have little time for


For me, this is writing. I love it and try to write as much as I can, even if it’s only a few lines hurriedly scrawled before bed, but I never have as much time as I would like to spend writing (that’s kind of impossible as I would love to spend all of my time writing!). So on Wednesday, when I had a full day off, I wrote a poem and more of my novel and it was nice to spend time with my characters, even if we were surrounded by tissues and I was sniffling my way through sentences. 

Take this time to do something that comes easily to you and that you enjoy. 



3. Read a book


This one depends on how ill you’re feeling. If you’re like me with a bad headache then reading may not help with that and you may only read a few lines before you need to set your book down for a few hours. But, if your head’s alright then your ill day will be the best time to escape into a fictional world. A book can be finished within a day easily - and it’s not physically tiring.



4. Blog to your heart’s content


This one works for both the reader and the blogger. Have a look through your favourite blogs for new posts and try to discover new bloggers who are destined to become your new favourites. Or, if you’re a blogger, write posts, edit posts, add links, promote, promote, promote. There always seems like there’s so much to do when you’re a blogger - you may as well make the ongoing to-do list a little shorter.

5. Social media is your life


At any given moment you’re probably scrolling through Twitter or Instagram, checking for new stories on Snapchat or looking at too-good-to-be-true lifestyles on Pinterest. Social media is like a sinkhole - once you’re in you’re lost and a whole day's gone by.



No comments

Post a Comment