Friday 12 February 2016

5 On-Flight Essentials

By the time you are reading this I will be on a plane to Nice! I will be staying there until Tuesday and I’m so excited for this trip! With my mode of transport in mind, I thought that I would share with you 5 of the essential items in my hand luggage bag!


1. A good book!


A flight and the journey that surround sit is a great time to catch up on your reading and get emerged in a story! There’s so much waiting around and the time flies so much when there is a new world to be explored! This one may come in the form of a physical book or my Kindle, depending on which ones I plan to read and how much space I have left in my bag. I may bring a physical book as well as my Kindle - why not?


2. A notebook


For me, this is an essential of every day life. I can’t go anywhere without a place to jot down ideas and write in moments of inspiration. I will be bringing a notebook specifically for me to continue my novel. 30,000 words in and I still find that handwriting is the way that the story flows most easily out of my mind and into words. This’ll mean that I spend a lot more time with my characters than I have been of late - damn you exams!

3. Food!


If you know me in real life, then you know that I am always hungry. It’s just the way I am and I can easily get quite hangry if I’ve been without food for too long. This means that it’s crucial for me to eat regularly, particularly if I get bored in the queues to board! So I’ll be taking plenty of small snacks to keep me happy on the trip!

4. Slippers


When I’m in a seat for a while I don’t want to be stuck in my normal shoes that tend to be bit harder and a bit mucky from the ground outside. I love slippers. Like, I LOVE slippers. My ones have been nicknamed my ‘Dorothy slippers’ and they are covered with red sequins. They’ll just make my journey more comfortable, even though I’ll have to take my shoes on and off again, it’ll be worth it! 

5. Chewing Gum


The early flights really muck up my eating and sleeping, and, knowing me, I would have had about three different breakfasts and I won’t be able to brush my teeth as often as I would like and my mouth will inevitably feel a bit bleugh. Having chewing gum with me will mean that I can freshen up a bit and it’ll help wake me up a bit - always a bonus!









No comments

Post a Comment