Wednesday 23 December 2015

My 2015

2015 has been a great year for me - in many ways. In fact, I would even go so far as to say that it has been one of my favourite years. And a year like that is quite nice to look back on. So, here we go…

In January of this year I went to an event where one of my favourite authors, David Nicholls, discussed his latest book, Us, among other things such as his career and his other works. He signed 3 of my books (I was so excited I basically couldn’t say anything) and then we all went back to watch the film version of his most famous book (and my favourite of his), One Day. It was one of those rare occasions when the film version is just as good as the book. Even if Anne Hathaway’s Yorkshire/general English accent varied a bit.



Then, in February, I was part of the school’s production of Sound of Music. I was in the pit band playing my violin and I felt amazed that I was playing what was practically the soundtrack to my childhood. It was a great week and it made me feel like I’d properly become part of something. also, in February I went skiing for a week in Bulgaria. Bulgaria is a country I had never been to been to before, seeing as my family usually go to Italy, and it was a nice change. 



In the Easter holidays I went down to stay with my grandparents for a week, so that I could spend more time with them and my friends in Wales. It was probably one of the busiest yet enjoyable weeks of my life. I saw so many of my friends and had so many laughs. Once I came home, my family and I went to London for a few days. Having only been to London once or twice prior to this I was really excited. I honestly don’t know how we crammed so much onto only 3 days! We saw Wicked (and I have been obsessed ever since), went to the Tower of London )which was absolutely fascinating!), went on the London Eye and to Madame Tussaud’s (where me and my mum “met” Colin Firth) and to Covent Garden (which is a place I absolutely fell in love with and would love to go back to! We even stopped off at Foyles bookshop in Charing Cross. If you are a booklover, just go there. Take my word for it, it’s one of the best bookshops I’ve ever been in.



But then in May I started my blog. Yes, on 11 May my first blog post went up. 7 months ago that, happened, I can’t quite believe it! 83 posts later I want to say a huge thank you to everyone who has read any of my posts or followed my blog in anyway. I hope you enjoy my content!

And then I moved again. In June we had all packed up from our house and brought it all to our new one, which was more permanent. Another change, but it was nice to have all my furniture and belongings back - it made it feel more like home.

Also in June, I saw 5SOS in Cardiff with my friend, Catrin. They are truly incredible live and Hey Violet smashed it as a support act. THEY WERE JUST SO GOOD!!


In July I competed my mock exams and then went on to complete my Duke of Edinburgh Bronze expedition. I have now fully competed my Bronze D of E and am in the process of doing my Silver Award. At the end of July I visited Lake Garda for a week with my old school’s orchestra. I absolutely love that place!! It was so beautiful and it was great to be among my friends again - most of whom I hadn’t seen for months. 



I spent a lot of last summer with my family. We had a few weeks where we were tourists in our area and explored places more than we would otherwise have done. I went back down to my grandparents’, this time accompanied by my brother, and we stayed there for slightly over 2 weeks.  Again, I was back with my Welsh friends and on the beach - one of my favourite places to be. 



Then September came around, and I was flooded with coursework, deadlines and exam dates. The stress levels rocked through the roof but I survived. 

Then October took over. It was definitely Autumn, all the leaves were golden and clinging onto their trees. As the Rugby World Cup was taking place in England, my family had acquired tickets to see the Japan vs. Samoa match - which was incredible! Japan absolutely dominated, which is not to say that Samoa played badly - Japan had almost constant possession and played so well as a team. There was a fab atmosphere at the stadium and it was a overall great day.



October also brought my 16th birthday. SIXTEEN! A lot of Disney princesses are that age! It’s fair to say I had a little bit of a freak out about that but it’s fine. I’ve kind of been having a “growing-up crisis”, as I’ve named it, lately and you can probably tell that from some of my posts. But I can carry on. I think everyone has those sort of thoughts and that has helped me a lot.

November and December have gone by in a swirl of stress, revision and deadlines. I have enjoyed myself, no doubt, but I think that the workload that was (and is) pressed upon me damaged my creativity. I didn’t write as much because I didn’t have time and when I did have time I just wanted to sleep. But I have had fun along the way.



How was your 2015?





No comments

Post a Comment