Friday 11 September 2015

5 of my favourite Disney songs

It is no secret that I am a huge fan of Disney. I seem to either be watching one of their films or singing one of their songs, much to the annoyance of my family. Many of their songs are, in my opinion, brilliantly written and often have great lyrics.  So, seeing as Disney is so well loved then I thought  would share with you my 5 favourite Disney songs.

5. A Whole New World – Aladdin

Aladdin was my favourite Disney film when I was a kid, and I always loved this song – particularly singing both parts when it’s only me.

4. Tale as Old as Time – Beauty and the Beast

The whole ballroom scene in Beauty and the Beast is one of the most iconic scenes in Disney (even though they re-animated the dance scene at the end of Sleeping Beauty!) and it really captured me as a child. The lyrics are so poetic, and that’s one of the reasons I love it so much.

3. So This Is Love – Cinderella

This song is beautiful. The combination of the classic voice of Ilene Woods and that gorgeous, laid back melody makes this song really special. It’s so simple and short, yet one of the most utterly gorgeous songs I know of.

2. When She Loved Me – Toy Story 2

I find my heart breaking every time I hear this song. Sarah Mclachan sings it so wonderfully and really exposes her character, Jesse’s, emotions.

1. I Won’t Say I’m In Love - Hercules


Megara is one of my absolute favourite Disney princesses, and even though she isn’t technically a princess I still like to think of her so. She has more background than your average Disney lead and this is really portrayed in her song. I think this song is very human, in the way that we don’t like sharing all of our thoughts, especially those involving love. I find that this is one of the songs that can make me happier in an instant. I belt out every lyric, including the backing vocals, singing along with Meg.


Photo Credit


---------------------------

Hello! I just wanted to remind you all to follow me on Bloglovin' and Google+ if you like my posts - or get an email subscription. This way you'll be updated each time I post.

Thank you for reading!
Jemima x



No comments

Post a Comment